Saturday, January 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET MOLLY!!!!

Well tomorrow is our sweet Molly's 5th birthday. I cannot get my head around the fact that she will be 5 years old. I will probably be blogging 5 years from now and saying the exact same thing. Time flys when you are having fun!!!!

Molly at 5: So full of life, joyful, bright, funny, brilliant intellectually, social, energized, SECURE, great imagination, artistic - pure pure joy.

Yesterday, I went to Lake Hills (Molly's school) to celebrate her birthday at her school with her friends. For each year that Molly is, she circled the sun in a ceremony while Ms. Val read
what I had written about her, it was beautiful. She also shared photos of each year with her teachers & friends. Besides a few boys acting off and Ms. Val needing to be very stern, it went off without a hitch except when it was time for me to go. Molly as usual did not want me to leave and both of our hearts were breaking. I explained to Molly that it was very fun to celebrate these things but Mommy had to go back to work. Finally, Molly was brave enough to turn around and walk out on the playground. Her head was hanging low and she was starting to cry. Her friend Reese was standing next to her as was Ms. Val with her arm on Molly's shoulder. She was really upset and turned around and went to the door and watched me leave while she was crying and waving to me. As I got in my car, I was again heartbroken and was quickly trying to figure out how I could get out of work for the afternoon. I went to the office and said I needed to work out of my house the rest of the afternoon. I went back to LH's and Molly was so so so excited. She kept saying "thank you Mama". She said "I think I love you more than Daddy". We had a wonderful afternoon putting her party favors together and going for a walk - the afternoon was a treasure.

Today her party at Tulsa World of Gymnastics was so much fun. All morning, Molly kept saying how much longer until my party - she was so excited. In fact, I asked her if she was excited and she said "I am so excited, it is freakin me out". When she and I went to pick up her balloons, she was thrilled. When she saw the big bunch of balloons at the store, she was smiling and covering her mouth and said "thank you Mommy, thank you". She said as we got in the car, "I love you Mommy, I think I am the luckiest girl in the world". I said "I am the luckiest Mommy and we are the luckiest family". At her party, all of the kids loved running around and jumping on all of the equipment. Everyone genuinely seemed to be so happy to be at Molly's party. When she opened her gifts, there were so many thoughtful presents such as the yoga mat from Julian. It was a wonderful day in every single way.

Tomorrow, we will celebrate with my mom and sister. What a wonderful life we have and an incredible 5 years with Molly. We are savouring every single second of every day because we cannot get yesterday back and she is growing so fast before our eyes. Happy Birthday my sweet girl, Mommy loves you so deeply.

No comments: