Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Friday, 2/15/08 another memorable day filled with relief and thankfulness for another day.

Paul had a big pediatrics test and started the day out feeling unprepared for the test and therefore was very concerned about what type of grade he would get on the exam. I started the day out knowing that I would get the results of my annual cat scan taken on Wednesday and although I figured the chances were high, there would be no sign of lymphoma, you never know. In this particular situation it is very difficult for me to not think the worst and stop my mind from wondering "WHAT IF".

Finally it was 11:30am and I could not stand it anymore. I called Cancer Care and Tammy's interium replacement answered the phone. She looked to see if my report was back and sure enough it was. She preceded to read it over the phone while I was feeling like I was going to have a major panic attack. She said "Chest, no sign of Lymphoma", "Abdomen, no sign of Lymphoma, and "pelvis, no sign of Lymphoma" - you are all clear girl. I took a big deep breath and said thank you and hung up the phone. Do you think I was satisfied? Nooooooooooooo, I called Nadra and asked her to check the report just to make sure Sherry did not miss anything. Nadra read it and said it was ok, all clear. I felt like I was all dressed up for a party and had no party to go to. I wanted to grab my coat, run out of the office and go celebrate but did not have anyone to celebrate with. By this time it was around 11:30 and I knew Paul would have to be calling me very soon to let me know how he did on his exam. Sure enough about 5 minutes later, my cell phone rang. Paul tried to joke around by disquising his voice that he was sad so of course I said, "Oh No, you don't sound happy". Paul said, just kidding I got an 88 - I yelped and ran into the conference room to talk to him. I was so so so happy for him and proud because he had worked so hard over the last week trying to prepare. Also, it had been a really hard week on me because I was so stressed out due to my check up.

I then said well I have good news and told him about my results. I could tell he got a tear in his eye and was so so so happy to hear it.

Last night was really sweet. We both were so relaxed that Paul did so well on his exam and I was free and clear from cancer. Having gone through a serious illness, you realize how very sweet life is and how quickly it can be shaken up. We want to continue on this sweet crazy adventure of ours and to know we have many more days ahead of us is exhilerating and so incredibly wonderful. Here's to some breathing room for a while at least from the health front.

No comments: