Friday, February 22, 2008

What a Wonderful Life

Yesterday was a memorable day!!!!!!!!! It was my annual cancer check-up. I have been so stressed out over the last several weeks waiting for this day and the dreaded results of my cat scan. It started out last week when I had to get my cat scan and the nurses could not find a vein for my IV. They stuck me up and down my arms 13 times before they got a winner. Now I look like a drug addict because my arms are black and blue. Finally, we had success and the cat scan was accomplished and we were done that day.

Yesterday, Dr. Olsen decided "NO MORE CAT SCANS". He said the words "YOU ARE CURED". This was after I had told him that over the previous two weeks, I had been paralyzed with fear that the cancer would come back. He said it was very close to "0" chance the lymphoma would ever come back. He also said the possibility of other cancers was slim. I finally feel some peace about my long-term prognosis and feel such relief that I am CURED. Our life is so incredibly wonderful and I want to be around a very long time to take care of my children and love my husband. I want to live to be 100 years old and cherish every single second of every single day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for great health....

No comments: