Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Sweet Valentines..............

Well, what a memorable Valentine's Day the Gilmartin family had this year. What started out as a joke will now most likely become a family tradition. Because Valentine's Day fell on a Thursday this year and that is two days before my WW weigh in and one day before Paul's pediatrics exam, we needed a quick and healthy plan. BAM............. A night in Paris at Chick Fil La, yes, I said Chick Fil La. We made reservations for table side service at 6:30pm. When we arrived, they took our photo, sat us at our reserved table and gave us cute little valentine menus. On our table were votive candles, chocolate kisses and a bag of chocolates for Molly.

Molly had chicken nuggets, Paul had a grilled chicken sandwich and I had chicken strips. We were serenaded by a string quartet and the servers were so sweet and helpful. We left Chick Fil la and went home to open our valentine cards and gifts. Molly loved her valentine cards the best. When she opened them, she looked at Paul and I and said "Thank you guys for my sweet cards". I thought, this child is such an old soul and so adorable. We spent the rest of the evening together just talking about how happy we are.

What a wonderful fun memory of Valentine's Day - sharing it with my two favorite valentines who fill me up with so much love.... Love you Daddy and Molly.

No comments: