Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BIG SISTER BLUES

Little Miss Molly is quite traumatized by her new little sister, Maggie. First, you have to know Molly who is the girlie girls of all girlie girls. The first thing she says in the morning when her eyes open is how she wants me to do her hair. She is quite fashion conscious and would endure painful feet all day as long as she looked good in her heels. Well, in comes Maggie and although she admits she is cute, she is very concerned that we are not being honest with her and that she really is a boy. She asked me yesterday, "Mom are you sure Maggie is not Max?" I keep reassuring her that Maggie is a girl and that at orphanages, they do not have fancy dresses to put on the babies, they have a limited amount of clothes and the babies wear what the orphanage has. Also, I tried to explain that they shave their heads - that put her over the edge. Last night, she was very serious and said "Mama, I think Maggie looks terrible in this condition". We started cracking up which she did not think was very funny at the time. She said she was going to be in charge of her clothes and hair and is so hoping she has more hair by the time we get to China. Although, this is weighing heavy on big sisters mind, I know she is so proud because we printed off her pictures and she gave one to most of the teachers at her school and explained how she was her sister and we were going to get her in 6 weeks. Molly, you are going to be the sweetest big sissy to Maggie and I cannot wait for you to do her hair...

5 comments:

Jay and Kelly said...

Love this! I am so excited for you. I am patiently waiting for my turn next month. :o)

Nadra said...

Oh my goodness. She is definately a girlie girl. Maggie will not know what has hit her when Molly get to her. Can't wait to see the sisters in action.

Laurie & Jeff said...

HaHa! That is exactly what I was saying, when we were at the baseball game! Hilarious! They will be the best buddies ever, just wait! xoxoxo

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Oh my goodness Stephaie that is the cutest and funniest post ever!! She is soooo beautiful and look at her little dimple! Our little one has a very shaved head as well so we photo shopped a Gerber Daisy headband on her little head! Well it did make the kids feel better haha. You can take a peek @
sammonsfamily7.blogspot.com

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

oops sorry for the missing n in your name! Sticky keyboard keys!