Thursday, August 13, 2009

So Close yet so far away

We are anxiously, painstakingly waiting to hear if we will be matched next week. This is pure torture and makes the last four years seem like nothing. The last week seems like it has been four years. The good news is if we don't make the cut next week, we will definitely make it in September - 100% guaranteed. However, waiting another four weeks might put us over the edge. We are exhausted and stressed and so over the wait, paperwork, anxiety of the swine flu, etc. We just want to get to China, get Maggie and get home and we are done. It is a very strange feeling this time around. I am trying so hard to get excited but also trying to realize that it may not be next week and keep my excitement at bay - it is hard and it feels wrong. At this stage with Molly, I was on cloud nine and this time around, it is very different. We know we already love Maggie, it has just been so damn difficult this time and we are very tired. Hang on Maggie, it won't be to long until we are there to get you.

2 comments:

Nadra said...

Steph...I don't know how you've done it. But...it's almost over. If not this month, then for sure next. I'm like you though...that's even harder. I know I can't wait to see this sweet baby's face...I can't imagine how you, Paul and Molly are feeling. Just know that we're thinking about you guys constantly. Love you bunches!!

Paul & Denice said...

Congratulations on your little girl. Our daughter is also from Guangdong Province (Xuwen). Best of luck.

Denice Wilson